Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Day at Baskin Robbins

I went to St. Nicks this morning to meet up with my so called buddies. I once studies and worked , in short, I grew up to become what I am today there, but now I'm just a visitors, no doubt I'm an ex-nicolite but the atmosphere was very different now.... It used to be my second home but now the feeling was not there anymore, I felt like a visitor more then an ex-nicolite.

I'm still very happy to meet with my three dearest Aunties Joy, Katharine and Veronica (or we fondly called Nanny cause she used o look so plump and cute like a Nanny) After chitt chatting with them, we went out for lunch with my so called dear brother and sister-in-law (Christina and Yoong Loong). We had a lavish meal in a Japanese restaurant at Pulau Tikus at it was an embarrassing moment for me since I kept dropping my chopsticks and the small fruit fork. Christina was sitting just in front of me and she was laughing all the time.

Then later we went to the Baskin Robbins as, they wanted to buy some ice cream (since it is the 31st and there is a promotion there) The shop was full of customers, so Christina asked me and my two dearest aunt to sit down somewhere and she went to order with her hubby.

As the three of us were waiting and chitt chatting, suddenly we heard a commotion at the counter in front of us. A Chinese lady was talking loudly to the waitress

Lady: I called up just now and told you that you had given me the wrong order and you asked me to come. I drove all the way from town you know.
Waitress: What did you order?
Lady: I ordered rum and raspberry but you gave me don't know what.
Waitress: (Open the box and look) But you've eaten half of it.
Lady: Surely my children had eaten half of it, You shouldn't have given me the wrong order in the first place, now you are telling me that I've eaten half? I just want you to be fair! I drove all the way from town you know!
Waitress: (Took the thing to the manager and came back) Sorry but you had eaten half of it.
Lady: Surely my children had eaten half of it, You shouldn't have given me the wrong order in the first place! I drove all the way here my dear!
Waitress: Sorry but you had eaten half of it.

Lady not happy, took the packet and went off.

Me: Ceh! So unreasonable, how can people change for you if you have let your kids eaten half of it? Who cares how far you come from the point is YOU'VE ALREADY EATEN HALF OF IT!

Joy: So silly eh, how can you let your children eat rum ice cream? I think maybe the adults ate it themselves. Huh! I won't be bothered to come back and change if I've tasted it lo.

Katharine: Ceh! you should not had let your children touch the ice cream when you know it's the wrong flavour.

Yoong Loong: Aiya! Since the children had eaten half of it, why bother to come back and change, might as well let them enjoy the other half!

Christina: Some people are so opportunist! How come you cannot differentciate between rum raspberry and other flavour? Some more can let the kids eat till half? If it was my mom, my mom would just said don't care la just eat la, anyway it's also ice cream what!

Hahaha! I love ice cream!!!!

1 comment:

pfuen said...

haha...so interesting story here....doralin u should go n help the lady ....so tat she can get another free scop.....