Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Sublime Image

This is my poem taken from my old blog at friendster.


With faith and reverence that filled my heart,
With joined palms, my head I humbly bow,
My forehead touched the hard cold ground,
In front of the Lord, my egos subside,
Tears of joy wash my misty eyes,
As I gaze into the eyes of the ‘Compassionate Sage’
All my fears and worries withered away,
Like dry leaves that blown off by autumn breeze,
With wisdom and mind completely purify,
The Blessed One turns the Wheels of Dhamma,
To clear the doubts of those,
with little dust in their eyes,
My mind is soiled with thick delusion,
My eyes is blinded by mist of illusion,
My heart is drowned with clusters of desires,
Oh! Lord when will I be free from Mara’s clutches?
With remorse I gaze at the sublime image,
With heart at ease as I have no regrets,
Mindfully I began to contemplate,
Anicca, Dukkha, Anatta,
three principles of life,
To The Triple Gem I go for my refuge,
As I silently prayed deep in my heart,
May The Buddha be at my head,
The Dhamma in my heart,
And The Sangha by my side,
To guide me in my journey towards Nibbana.

No comments: