Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Today is 11th May and it is a special day to honour all the Mothers around the world. Yup, it is Mother's Day. Although I'm sad that I am not able to be with my mom to celebrate mother's day with her, but I'm really glad and thankful that I still have my mom around. I love my mom very much (but my love will never be as great as the love that she showers me) and I really adores, respect and admire her in many ways.

My mom is a person with principle. firm and very strong. She loves her family very much as well. She will do anything for the sake of the family. She was a good wife to my dad (although she always nagged and scolded him for doing 'funny and silly' things) She stills love my dad deeply.. till now. She was there for my dad through thick and thin, she was there to care and comfort him when he was really sick in the hospital and she was there with him when he passed away.



Mom and Dad in Genting Highlands (some where in 1990's) Nice picture leh? Of cause la I'm holding the camera ma...

I can see that my dad loves her very much too, when he was sick he told my mom "I am sorry to see you going through all these again. You took good care of your father when he was very ill, you had go through the same thing again when your mother was sick and now.... you have to look after me...". Yes, I agrees with my dad, my mom is like an angle to us, I saw and heard it with my own eyes and ears when my Grandma and dad keep on asking for my mom when they are very sick. Even me.. if I'm down with fever or flu, I'll always feel more secure and comfortable if my mom is around... I don't know why, maybe she works in the clinic kua.... hehehehe!


My mom at Gurney Drive

Mom was a filial daughter to her parents too, like I've mention before she took good care of her parents when they are sick. Although last time, my mom used to complaint that my grandma always like to tagged along with us like a 'ba lei ko' (sticky sweet) where ever we go, she will still asked me to call my grandma along whenever we went out. That is my mom, strong and cool outside but warm and soft inside.



My mom and my Ah Mah taken at Cameron Highland dunno in what century Hehehe!!!

Not only that, she was a good big sister to her brother and sister too. her siblings often look up to her for advice and help. I can see that she loves her only brother very much and often help him in his financial woes. Her two other sisters will surely look and call her when they are having their own life crisis and need her.


My mommy and Me (Ok, I know I am chubby and cute)

Last but not least, she is a wonderful mom and I am thankful that she is my mom. I think if I were to be given a choice to choose, I will never choose any one else as my mom but her. Although she is fierce, like to nag, and stubborn at times but she still loves me and believe in me. She will always be there for me when I needed her the most. I know, I will never be able to repay all her unselfish sacrifice and love for me, no matter what I do or what I can give her... there is nothing to compare to what she has given to me from the day I was a foetus till now.



Mommy and me again (I'm still plum but sad to say not cute anymore!!!)

Thanks you very much mom, I love you very much and happy Mother's day.

Mom,

Like a sun you keep my spirit alive,
To be strong in this world of woes and lies,
Like a rainbow you bring hope to my life,
To keep me smiling with shines in my eyes.

Like a moon that shines throughout the night,
Like a millions of stars that shines so bright,
When I'm lost and wrong you are my guide,
When I'm right you smiles with delight,

Like a strong tree that keep on standing,
Through out summer, winter, autumn and spring,
Your words of courage that keep my spirit burning,
to fight in this world that keep on changing.

With tenderness you shower me with your care,
Your love so pure nothing can compare,
My pains and sorrow willingly you share,
And in your heart I'll always be there.

Sometimes I use words that hurts you,
Your anger flares when i annoyed you,
But you soon cool down like a morning dew.
Still you can smile and say I love you.

In heaven stays my dearest father,
Now you are my only mother,
I dare not admit that I'm a filial daughter,
But I promised that I'll love you forever...

No comments: