Sunday, May 11, 2008

Unforgetable Moment at KKB Dam (Pertak)

This morning after our brunch, Plum took us to Pertak for sight seeing at the KKB dam. Pertak is actually the Village for the Temuan orang asli. Before this dam was built, this land belongs to the Temuan tribe. The Temuan tribe had been staying on this land since before the Malacca Sultanate Empire. Since the government wants to built this KKB dam, the Temuan tribe had been moved to Kampung Pertak somewhere near this area.

This is an introduction to the Pertak Dam made by my two unpofessional tourist guide. Plum Lee and Jean Liew. I hope you will still be interested to visit Pertak after their uninformative introduction to Pertak.



Well what do you think? No, no don't believe what Jean Liew's nonsense, there are no crocodiles in this beautiful place. I don't think there are any crabs or prawns either.. just look at the view and don't bother all the crap those two tell you. Hehehe!




That place is very peaceful but quiet and isolated, so after a few snaps, we realised that we are the only humans there. The place is very quiet and there is no other human beings there. Plum was geeting scared so she said we better get out of there before anything unwanted happens.

While we were walking to Plum's car, we saw a blue car pulled into the car park beside Plum's car. Plum was a bit panicky and asked us to get into the car as fast as possible. I was at the car door when, that car stopped and two elderly Chinese men come out of the car.

Plum sigh with relief and she happily asks us to continue taking our pictures.

Look at the magnificent dam behind me. OK I know my T-shirt is not nice... don't bother about what I wear just look at the nice scenery behind me and don't said that I'm spoiling the scenery!!!! Look at the huge "lubang' at the dam so deep... and the water flow in to it very fast leh. scary huh! If someone happens to throw you in there?


Big deep Lubang scary huh?


Me, Jean and the tall coconut tree, very beautiful view behind.



Plum and Me, look at the majestic hills behind us... very peaceful and relax place.



Actually at the front of the dam, there is a double storey building that is sort like a mini KKB museum. Inside the museum you can find information about the history of KKB and the Temuan tribe. I think there are also lots of pictures of KKB before and after the war. Admission is free and you need to sign the guest book only. Opening hour is unknown but the museum is close during weekends.

Me holding on one of the museum's"tiang"



In other words, we are not able to enter the museum so we just took photos outside the museum. Suddenly, Plum had this naughty idea... she wants to take photo at the stair case of the museum.. but how, the place is close and we cannot go upstairs.

Plum: Let us go and take picture at the stair case loh.
Me: Silly ar, how to go in, the door is lock.
Plum: Look at the gap there (Picture below). A few years back, me, Lemon, Veronica and the others climb in through there before.
Jean: Are you serious? How to climb?
Me: Yala, you two go a head la, I think I'm too fat to go through.
Plum: Come la, can one, look at me.



Notice the notice the huge NO ENTRY sign? Yeah we squeeze in through the big gap at the bottom! So daring!!! Even me also can squeeze through it.

Look at Plum and Jean sitting at the stair case after we manage to squeeze through the gap. Look at what Plum is doing... Hahaha! Massaging her painful backside lo. Poor thing, she accidentally knock her backside on the NO ENTRY sign while climbing in. Look at her la, still can pose and smile for the camera but later......



Plum: Aww... so painful, my backside so painful... Aww! Anna please massage for me..
Me: Siau ar!
Plum: Aiyo! Jean you see her....

Another picture at the staircase of Plum and me. Look at her, when she take photo, she totally forget about her painful backside....



After taking a few pictures at the staircase...

Plum: Let's go up and take more pictures loh.
Me: Ha? Can meh?
Plum: Come on quick la.

So me and Jean just follow her to the first floor of the building and snap a few pictures at the museum's balcony.

Me at the first floor of the museum balcony. "I dunno how to pose la..."


The hills are alive with the sound of water.....



Plum was busing snapping photos of me and Jean.

Look at Jean, busying talking with her sister on the phone and me " pula tersenggih-senggih buat muka selamba"



Seconds after this photo was taken, suddenly Plum and me heard someone calling us (A lady voice) " Hello! Hello!" I was not so sure what she said but I am sure it was a lady's voice, Plum saw a Malay lady sticking out her head through the window of the museum and look at us fiercely "Eh! Macam mana you masuk! Macam mana you boleh masuk?" (How did you get in?) Jean was still talking to her sister on her phone..

As fast as lightning Plum call out to me...

Plum: Run! Anna quickly run! Got people saw us already!
Me: Jean run quickly!

The next thing I know is that I was running down the stair case and Plum was behind me calling out.

Plum: Quick Anna! Climb over quick that person is coming!

I quickly squeeze through the NO ENTRY sign feeling a bit confused and excited. I can hear Plum keep on saying excitedly quick let's get out of here! She is coming after us! So I run to the front of the building towards the car but Jean was still not behind Plum... later we saw Jean calmly walking towards us.

Jean: Why did both of you left me behind?
Plum: You didn't hear the lady meh?
Jean: Yes, but why? We are not suppose to go in ar?
Me; Yes la, that place is close la, saw the NO ENTRY sign or not?
Jean: Oh, Oh, I don't know, I was talking to my sister on the phone and I suddenly saw both of you running down the stairs so I follow. No wonder just now when I squeeze through the NO ENTRY sign, I hear someone knocking at the window from inside.
Me: I hope she don't recognise us... but sure many people had climbed through there before.
Plum: Yes lo, I think after this they will put an extra iron bar to cover up the gap. If I'm not mistaken last time also we got caught before.
Me: Ceh! Memalukan betullah\....

After that, we still dare to hang around at the front of the building, the lady come out and watch us, we make as if nothing had happened and keep on snapping picture.She stays for a while but later she leaves us alone when she saw that we are just taking pictures.

This is me and silly Plum that get us into trouble!!! at the front of the museum. You see Plum, still can pose for the camera.



Jean and Plum in front of the museum after the embarrassing incident... both of them really make as if nothing had happened before....



Next time they might employ this fellow to guard the museum...



Hehehe! Nola, habis lo if they really employ this fellow, tentu this fellow akan kena kidnap dan dijual di pet shop one. This is some one's dog, the owner was taking the picture of the dam and left this poor fellow at the back of the car, so we pun take photo la... so cute la this "Hush puppy" Lucky doggie his owner bawa him jalan-jalan makan angin in the car some more... Hehehehe!

PS: The moral of the story is Just Follow the Sign!!!!

5 comments:

Alice said...

hush puppy so cute....I wish I can hug him/her to sleep .....ai...imagine the smooth fur and the extra skin..

Doralin Lee said...

Yes, doggie cute huh? Twin... what la you I'm writing about the KKB dam scenery la... so sad the dog seems to get more attention than the romintic scenery....

lee said...

anna , anna , r u hapy visited the kkb dam? ur blog is good. em... very good. next time u may bring ur sweet sweet darling lemon there together... of course it will more new blogs appears..hahaha..

jean liew said...

Wah, the scenery is so beautiful.
anna,the picture that u take are so nice lor,especially the dog lor, u can be a professional photographer liao lor.

Plum is so bold lor, always bring her friends enter to the prohibition area. But, not bad la, right.... got so many sweet memory....

Doralin Lee said...

I did not took those pictures la my dear.... my mom took my digital cam to Shanghai remember?

Those pictures were taken by Plum and you ma but the video I took with my lousy handphone la.