Sunday, April 12, 2009

Roadhouse Cafe cum Pub

This is an out dated post cause I should have published this post long long time ago but I was too lazy to do so. Some more I get a second warning from my so call big brother Mr. Wong not to put his picture in my blog or else he will poke my hand with the fork but anyway its an old story already so I guesses he won't be bother about it anymore.

So last March holiday, when I was supposed to stay at home studying my PTK, I was quite bored staying all alone in the house since my mom has to work, so I went to St. Nicks to meet up with my dearest aunties and ole colleagues for the whole day.

As for my lunch, I had dated my so call big Bro and sis-in-law (Mr. and Mrs. Wong). We had a lavish and a really good western food at Roadhouse Grills (I think... I forgot the actual name already) it's a restaurant cum pub. The moment you walk in the restaurant, you will feel like you are in some kind of old cowboy movie cause the place is furnished like some cowboy pub concept.


A clean and cosy restaurant, suitable for relaxing. We went there on a weekday so we were the only customers there.


Most of the waiter there speaks in English cause they are cowboys therefore they MUST speak in English so if you dosen't want to converse in English then you cannot eat here...Hahaha! nola, most of the waiter are foreigner workers la... I think they are either Vietnamese or Burmese and I asume they can converse in Bahasa Malaysia too.


Wah many bottles of different kinds of wines and the place was lighted with yellow lamps so quite romantic la...

See... so many cowboys on horses pictures on the wall


When we were sitted on our table, suddenly the waiter put this metal pail on our tables and I was wondering what was the pail for... to wash our hands is it? I 'kaypoly' curios so I took a peek in the pail and......



I saw lots of big Shandong nuts inside (jump with joy!!!!) so we just grab the nuts and start to crack and munch to our hearts content. After that....

Me: Eh, where to throw the shells ha?
Joy: Just put on the table beside your plate la.
YL Wong: Ceh! No need lah, just throw it on the floor like me la.
Christine: Eh! Can not do like that la. Just put on the table la later the waiter will come and clean one la.

So I obediently follow my sis in-law advice and pile up the shells on the table... Later when the waiter comes to take the order, he just sweep all our shells on the Floor!!!! Yes Christina and I look at each other and was speechless for awhile, but later she broke into a thunderous laughter.



YL Wong: There, there I've told you already, they will just throw it on the floor la....


Me, Joy and Mr. Wong waiting for our food hungrily.....


This is the menu and the front cover was nicely printed with pictures of cowboys...


There are so many choice to choose from the menu and we just ca not make up our mind what to choose.

Poor Christina was busy reading the menu aloud to the three of us who were.... cockeyes Hehehehe! And everytime she finish reading a dish name we will be saying 'Wah! Not bad hor, nice la...' after about 10 minutes goung through the menu with us, finally we settle with he set lunch.

A big glass of grape juice which is free flow. Taste exactly like Ribena but I like it so I refill 3 times I think.

Next, come the chicken plus mix vegetables soup. It's not the creamy type but I love it anyway.


After that our main course was served in a hot sizzling plate Mr. and Mrs. Wong sizzling steak with mix vege and baked potatoes.



Professional chef in action cutting the steak stylishly hehehehe


My delicious sizzling grilled chicken... I just fell in love with the baked potatoes.....
Here comes Joy's sizzling fish fellet top with mushroom cream. she kindly allow me I stole on piece from her and it was delicious too hehehehe!

Finally we were served with a nice cup of coffee. After chatting for awhile, we went back to St. Nicks to meet up with my other ex-colleagues.

Gurney Drives in the afternoon. nice scene leh got many trees along the road, a good spot to jog in the morning and a relaxing place to hang out at night.

Seaside view.... See, tanjung Tokong really change a lot these past years with so many new apartments growing up like mushrooms.
OOO.......... I love Penang... I miss my hometown... Let me go Home!!!!

2 comments:

Alice said...

my birthday next week, and ur birthday also...hei..buddy..wanna celebrate birthday at KL Midvalley on weekend?

Doralin Lee said...

Sorry la twin, my weekends are full already... we celebrate after that can ah?