Sunday, April 12, 2009

My Saturday Morning Trip

Last Thursday afternoon (I think) we received a memo stating that our "kelas ganti sempena Hari Raya' is postponed to 25th April 2009 because of Good Friday and Easter. Most of my colleagues were happy but I was stunned and a bit blank. I was thinking to my self " Oh! Gosh! how am I going to spend my weekends in KKB, AGAIN?".

I quickly think of ways to spend my weekends, first I think I will go to KL to find my friends but.... I am going there the next week. so I won't go this week. Then I think of getting my "maktab" friends just to have a small gathering... again I scrap out the idea cause they might not be free since most of them are married. So at last i think 'Well, I might as well go to Batang Kali and find my 'Yang' the whole Saturday.' but then again " Hmm... Why don't I ask my sweet heart and Turtle to and visit the National Zoo?" Yup I did asked them, my sweet heart says ok but Turtle was making lots of fuss about that. There goes my weekends I thought....

I was a bit upset so I complained to some of my friends about it. I told my sweet heart on msn first and she said we discuss on Friday. Then saw DD online and whine to her... her answer "Go to Lawyatt lor..." :(Bad suggestion, that is the last place on earth I am going cause now I am not that financially fit to go there.) Then I also whine to my Darling and she said " Go to KL and Find your friends la." ( Nope, not a good idea). I was quite bored for the rest of Thursday...

On Friday morning, My Sweet Heart to me "Hey! why Don't you follow me for the school trip tomorrow morning?" So I reluctantly agreed (I was lazy to wake up early in the morning mah....)

Well, on Saturday morning I woke up at 7.30 a.m. (I slept around 3.45 a.m. the previous night so I am very glad that I can still wake up early) and by 8.30 I was at the school with my Sweet Heart already.

Where are we going? well we are going to visit....

Loji Pembersihan Air KKB (Kuala Kubu Bharu Water Treatment Plant)
Boring you say? Wei! if you have nowhere else to go during your weekends,this can be an interesting place to go also ok.......
So while we are waiting for all the 40 students to arrived, my sweet heart and me was fooling around with our camera.....


Still remember the mural that I almost destroyed, luckily my sweet heart fires me at the right moment and now see, this is the proud Team Leader with her team's mural all finish and well done. (A big applause for them)

Around 9 something, we arrived at the place...

Just look at these rascals... actually they can be adorable when they behave themselves and not lazy in doing their school work.
Actually we did not quite reached our destination yet cause....


the bus is too heave to go up hill and therefore all of us have to walk up on foot!!!!!!!! Wah! Everyone really sweat like mad la when we reached up there.


See... what a long way to climb!!!!!!! Really thanks for inviting me Sweet Heart!!!!!!!!

We were served with simple breakfast when we arrived



After that, we were given a short briefing by one of the staff before......


We start our climb to the Water Treatment Plant "Oh! Gosh! Not again!!!!"



See how far we have to climb? Actually not that far la, only It's sloppy so it is kind of tiring for a lazy bum like me...


Our first stop... some water filtering place (not really sure forget liau)


The water flows from the big first filtering pool to here the second pool for "proses pengenapan" (Don;t know how to translate into English)

Yucks!!!! If you think this is disgusting and dirty, You should go to look at the loji in KL which is far more worse than this. That is because Sungai Gombak and Sungai Klang is many times more dirty and poluted than Sungai Kuala Kubu Bharu.
Than I saw this sign in front of the lab... If you don't have time to take your shower, you can take it here at the emergency shower hehehehehe! Nola just kidding. I think it is a place for the staff to clean themselves if they accidentally spilled some chemical on themselves....


Next, the filtered water are flow here for some more filtering to filter all the small dirt and sand particles.
Then we walk down hill to the treatment water place



Some more walking......... good morning walk though....


Here is the place where they mix the water with clorine to kill all the germs and bacteria I think.


Yuck just look at how dirty the water is... just like teh tarik.....

"Mamak, teh tarik kaw-kaw kurang manis satu!!!!"


Then hor the water will flows through this pipe to other place for some more treatment and mixing with florida and other chemical to make sure that the water is save for us to use before it was distribute to our house lor.

After that, the staff have some quiz for the students and 20 of them won themselves a free T-shirt each. Everyone wwew very happy and exciting at the end cause eeach and every one of us, yes including us the 4 teachers were given some nice souvenirs
Nice leh. Do not be jealous la, I have to wake up early and do all that climbing you know...

I am really glad that I went, Thanks a lot Sweet Heart.... muak!
Last advice from us

So please keep our rivers clean "Sayangila Sungai Kita"

2 comments:

Cengkih78 said...

buddy, what a nice trip.

interesting n very educational trip. now u know lots more about water filtering than most of us. hehehe.

Alice said...

should plan a visit to Sungai Klang....ok folks?