Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year at Midvalley

Julie and me were really looking forward for the 1st of January 2009 to come as that was the day that we are supposed to have our reunion with Hwee Ching, Erin, Shirley and Patrina ( We haven't had this kind of gathering since 2006). Unfortunately, It turned out to be a big, huge disappointment for both of us as.... all of them cannot make it at the last moment... Pat is forgiven cos she was in Pahang... Shirley turned up for a few minutes.... okla since she just came back from Setiawan. Hwee Ching was stuck with her school work... ok forgiven too but Erin.... never mind la, forgiven too la.

Finally Julie and myself decided to go on with our plans without them.... We end up in Midvalley and had our lunch for the first time at Tony Romas. The food is good but expensive la especially to the two of us the "kiam siap kwee" (Stingy ghost, hahahaha!)


Julie don't like this photo and she said "Yee! Too close la sampai semua pimples pun nampak la!!!!"

The restaurant was surprisingly quite crowded and we had to wait for quite some time for the food to be served. Talking about recession and economy slow down hor, but how come still so many people eating out in restaurants and gallivanting happily and freely in the shopping mall? Maybe it is just the beginning of the year and people didn't really feel the pinch yet... Yo! I better start saving right now and maybe cetak rompak my cousin, Ping's idea of cutting on my food expenditure. I might skip my dinner la. Ok maybe nola. I will go and buy one big tong of cheap marry biscuits or 'biskut mayat' (What a strange name for the poor cream crackers!!) and had that for my dinner la... not bad hor? I can go on diet and save money at the same time...

Ok back to the topic. As we were very bored and hungry waiting for our food... Me as usual, suggested that we do not waste our time sitting around and complaining to each other about our grievances living away from home but put it to good use by fooling around with my camera (Yup! I love to bring my camera everywhere I go!!! Cannot meh?)


This is Julie's reaction after knowing that she cannot get her transfer back to her hometown.... scary huh? Julie laughs the moment she saw the big knife and she said she will kill me with it if I don't snap this photo for her... hehehehe!

This is my reaction after learning that...... the knife was not even sharp enough to slaughter a mouse!

After a few minutes of waiting, the waiter bring these things to our table...


Wah! Four different types of tasty sauce that I don't wanna put in my food cos to me, the sauce will only spoil the original taste of the food. I will put some sauce in my food only if the dish is too dry, plain or totally tasteless.

After that comes the appetizer... Tada!!! Bread and garlic butter la.... very tasty la, the garlic butter I mean.

Julie is actually having a tough time cutting the hard bread with that super duper sharp knife....

Wallah!!! The food arrived at last....

a huge plate of pasta that makes Julie stared at me with her two big eyes... "Wei! Not my fault oh, You make your own order one leh!"


Wah! I forgot what this dish called lau Chicken something but really very tasty plus delicious leh... and this dish really makes me full....

After I had finish clearing my food in my plate....

Julie is still struggling to finish her huge, big plate of pasta.... hahahahaha!!!!!

We start to feel the pinch when the bill comes.... RM90 something just for the two of us only wow!!!!!!!!!! Eat gold ah? Anyway just to make ourselves feel a little less guilty, both of us agreed that the food is really delicious lo, so it worth the money la....
Later that day, as both of us were tired and bored of shopping ( both of us starts to yawn while shopping in Jusco), so we try to make a good use of my camera again....

1st of January liau wow.... still Christmas meh?


The Christmas tree and my itchy hand.

Ladies and gentlemen present to you the one and only.... Dumbo the Styrofoam elephant...

and Pinky the kinky Styrofoam horse.... I think it must be a mare since it is pink.
Finally we were too tired fooling around with the camera (Too many unwanted 'background' around) so we went back to our detention camp la... 2nd of January have to go to school liau lo.....

1 comment:

Cengkih78 said...

hi buddy..

warh, u really had a great time at mid valley eh??? so u were in kl during new year...

i'm back