Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Lovely Sunday

Last two Sunday, I went sight seeing with my family at Batu Fheringgi. At Last, we end up in Hutan Lipur Telok Bahang or widely known as Hutan Rekreasi Telok Bahang by the locals. This is actually a forest reserved (hutan simpan) of Penang. This is really a good place to go sight seeing, since you hardly can find any forest in Penang nowadays.

I love this place very much cause it brings back lots of sweet memories during my primary school days. I first come here during 1984 (1 was 5 years old then). I was in standard 1 at that time and our school came here for a picnic.

As I was the youngest among my classmates, my teacher Mr. Kwok allows me to join the boys and play in the cooling water as all the girls didn't bring their swim suit. I was very tomboyish at that time, cause like the boys I only wear my purple shorts with nothing on top!!! Yup I was half naked (I was only 5 ok!). And like the boys, I just jump into the water and swim like no body business.



This was the spot where I used to swim but now they put some tiles already. Last time, it used to be rugh, sandy and there were big rocks at the sides of the pool. (That is my mom, Khai ye and Khai ma in the picture)


Hmm... They even build a bridge to go over the other side... I don't remember seeing this bridge during the 80's.


I used to be a young Tarzan by jumping into the cool water here when I was young....


That is my 'Khai ye' (God father) sitting at the picnic table. My mom bought some fruits and we sit there to eat the fruits. Luckily there was no monkeys around.

You can go jungle trekking here too very beautiful, cosy and peaceful place.



See got many different kinds of wild pokoks.... Ooops I mean trees.

Just look at the amazing and enchanting natural surrounding. You really cannot find this type of environment anywhere else in Penang.

Be one with the nature and feel the fresh air cooling air around you, close your eyes and listen to the chirping of the birds and occasionally the roar of tigers in the far distance...... (Ok there is no tigers here la hehehehe!)

1 comment:

Cengkih78 said...

hi buddy..

warh..sight seeing on weekend. wow, what a lovely weekend u have one-one. jomlah dtg melbourne..