Saturday, November 1, 2008

Cameron trip (Part 3)

Finally... we went to the Pasar Malam (Night Market) to buy some vegetables for our steamboat dinner. Actually, our group didn't have any knowledge in buying vegetables one... so we just go and buy our own stuff and let the pros do the buying la... why want to be kaypo when you know nothing about buying vege, right?

While those 'pros' were busy looking for suitable vege with the cheapest price but high in quality, I was bored so I do this.....



Taking photo of the pasar malam lo... what else?





See, the pasar malam sells so many different types of really fresh veges that you cannot find in TESCO, Giant or Careffour.... Haiya! What I mean is, of cause you can easily find those type of veges in all those hypermarket mention but.... THOSE VEGES ARE NOT AS FRESH AS THOSE IN CAMERON MA....... Get it!

Wah!!!!! That is one of my favourite vege........ YUP I am a big fan of CORN!!!! I love sweet corn, popcorn, cornflakes.......... air corn!!!!! Hehehe!!!!

I didn't buy any though.... poor me I am all alone in KKB ma...... if I buy, who wants to steam for me oh? Uwaaaaa!!!!! I want my mommy!!!!!!!! Even if I steam it myself, who are willing to help me eat up those sweet corns ah? Anyway, I don't even have a fridge in my hostel la so just forget it la! Can safe money!

If you are in Cameron highland, you can find almost every shops or stalls you go, surely sells....



Strawberries! or at least the products of strawberries like this stall.....


strawberry jam, strawberry cake, strawberry tea, strawberry milk, strawberry juice, strawberry candy, strawberry ice cream, dried strawberry and even......"strawberry satay" (Strawberry covered with thick creamy chocolate sauce la!") Hahaha! I called it 'strawberry satay' la cause it reminds me of satay ma.... other people don't call it that way so please do not go around telling people that there are strawberry satay in Cameron ok?


See what I mean? so many things can be produced with strawberry..... I wonder, can they come up with strawberry chips since the can make dried strawberry? I wonder..... did they put strawberry in their 'rojak buah'? Ceh! Should have tried the 'rojak buah' th



Even their souvenir shops or stalls sells............ strawberry key rings, strawberries umbrella, strawberries cushions, strawberry T- shirts, strawberry this, strawberry that......... the whole place looks so red and pinkish just like a........ balai bomba......... Hahahaha!








My friends said, this is called "egg flowers" in Mandarin.... dunno whether it's true or not since my Mandarin is hopeless, maybe they just want 'to pull my legs'


Look.... Banana, Chrispy and Vanonica is playing the cut out scene of 'Titanic' in the middle of the pasar malam.... they dare to ask me to take photo some more.....

Actually both of us want to do the Sumo match here but...... dare not ma.....

After about one hour at the pasar malam, at last, we are done with the shopping and went back to the apartment to have..............


STEAMBOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone was very happy and enjoying themselves gobbling up all the delicious food EXCEPT.............. this two...............


Yeah......... poor me and Plum... (sigh) I better don't mention it here......
Later, after dinner and cleaning up the place.... (OK I ADMIT, I WAS NOT ONE OF THOSE HELPERS OK, MALU ONLY). We were so bored and since nothing much to do, we play cards.....


Look la this Orange is always so impatient to lose to me one..... Hahahaha!!!!!

And these two buddies......... just cannot live without each other one hahahaha!!!!!




This poor girl lose so many times in the card games till she was forfeit to sing and dance.....

Finally the next morning, we pack up and went to Tanah Rata for our breakfast.....




All of us walk from north, to south and west to east but all we saw was..... closed shops!!!!!!!!!!




Look, everyone was very tired of walking liau.... poor mommy Orange and baby Orange....



We are still waiting...... for food and me like always take the opportunity to take pictures la.... See so pretty the flowers.... (Stomach gerumbling loudly)

After a while, all of us were just too hungry and tired, so we went to a mamak stall to eat roti canai. Later that day, we stop at a place to buy fresh vege and fruits on our way down hill. Me like always, have nothing to buy and feel so bored so I took silly pictures again lo....



Wah!!!! So many fresh healthy fruits but beware of that big green 'apple jambu' that fruit is very delicious but 99% not healthy at all.....


Wah!!!! Colourful cactus.....

Healthy veges...............Salad please................

Hahaha! Plum is buying some Plums.......... no la she was buying vege la hehehehe.

Then after buying one bus load of things, I tell you thse people can really buy things, if you give each of them a thousand buck I think they will surelly buy two truck loads of things back to KKB

Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Finally we are on our way home!!!!!!!!!!'

Away from home. away from home.... lord I'm 5 hundred miles way from home!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Alice said...

hey twin, our pretty Salina got married at Melbourne!...hehe
no, actually she got a blog...

http://Bla-blacorner.blogspot.com

faster add her.....
nice trip....ah....

Cengkih78 said...

hi lee, so happy to find you here. just add ur blog and links it with my blog, and alice as well. now we can catch up story morry together-gether. u havent changed much. still chubby, lovely and 'warmy' as usual. keep blogging.

Doralin Lee said...

Apala Selene, sejak bila hang panggil aku lee? Dulu hang selalu Anna sini, Anna sana.... sekarang lee pula?