Saturday, June 21, 2008

Why I am Doralin?

Many of my friends don't understand why on earth do I love Doralin (Now Dorami in Japan) so much. Many of them thinks that I am so childish.

Some people say, "You still like Doralin? You think you still a kid ar?"

Some even ask, why Doralin and not Doreamon?


I have to admit, I love Doralin ever since I was a child. I don't come from a rich background, so when ever my parents took me to shopping and I fell in love with some super duper toys that is also super duper expensive, my mom would tell me "Darling, we don't have enough money to buy that." than... I will start to scream on top of my lungs and bang my head on the tiled floor! Hehehe! "Siau meh?" Nola, never! Mom told me that I will just keep quiet and forget about that toy. (You don't believe me? Ask my mom then.). You see at that time, I always longed for a robot like Dorami so that I can get things free without buying (Of cause that was just my silly little girl's imagination)



I have my own reason why I love Doralin so much. Frankly speaking, I love her character more then her physical appearance.


According to the famous cartoon Doraemon, Dorami is actually Doreamon's sister and she is more clever, cute and kinder than her him. She has many interesting and more sophisticated gadget than Doreamon but she don't stay in this century. She stays in the future and only appears when Doreamon is out of order or cannot handle the situation. In other words, she is low profile and always stay behind the scene to help her brother or Nobita. In some episodes, she can even get angry and sulk.... Hehehe! she look so cute when she is angry and starts to scold Doreamon or Nobita.


As I am much older now (even old enough for kids to call me auntie), I see Dorami in a different perspective, I love her character as she was never famous like her brother Doreamon although she is more clever and she is kind, humble and helpful. Maybe, I want to be like her, to be of some help to people and stay humble.

Can anyone please tell me where can I get these?


PS: Although now they change her name from Doralin to Dorami but I still prefer to call myself Doralin cause I don't want people to start calling me DO RE MI!!!

No comments: