Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Today is Father's Day, the day to remember and appreciate our father's love and sacrifices for us. Some say why must there be a father's day, everyday is father's day! Some just goes along with the trends and bring their dad out for a lavish dinner or present their dad with a special gift, some people just can't be bothered and there are some like myself just envy those people that can still celebrate father's day with their dad.

For the past two years Father's day just make me feel so empty and envy. I really envy those people that can still celebrates father's day with their dad by buying gifts or taking their dad out for a nice dinner at an exquisite restaurant. I miss buying new clothes and going out with my dad during father's day. Although my dad had passed away for 2 years, I still missed him very much.

My dad was an honest, happy go lucky and a kind hearted man. He is never rich, not highly educated and kind of straight forward person. He hardly guide me in my education as he is not high educated himself, he never tell me bed time stories, he never lectures me on how to a good person, he never gives me words of wisdom.....

But he taught me how to love by showering me with his love while he was alive, he taught me to be humble and honest through his dealing with his friends, he taught me patience and tolerance by keeping his cool and calm when my mom starts to nag non stop, he taught me kindness and selflessness by helping his friends and acquaintance without hoping for any reward. All that I can say, is that my dad had taught me well through his actions and not only through words.

Well I really misses the golden moments I had with my dad... I miss making toast bread for his dinner, I missed irritating him by saying Elvis is a lousy singer and all his songs are very noisy, I missed watching him get annoyed with me for giving many miss calls to his hand phone, I missed laughing loudly with him when we watch comedy and cartoons, I missed going to Dave Deli with him and I missed holding his warm hands tightly when we go out...

I feel very lucky to have such a loving and kind dad, although he is not rich and highly educated, but he is the best father that I ever known and nobody else will ever replace him in my heart.

I love you Dad and Happy father's day.

PS: Do you think heaven has Internet connections? Okay, just asking...

2 comments:

Mrs Chong said...

ok la..u are making me teary when reading this. T.T I miss him too

Doralin Lee said...

Don't cry, don't cry, wait ha I give you roti tisu to wipe away your tears and your hingus. Yucks!!!!

Yeah,I know you surely missed him also since you are always him favorite niece.Hehe!