Sunday, May 17, 2009

Penang Trip Day 2: T-Bowl Restaurant

In the evening, I plan to take both my friends to Queensbay Mall to a unique restaurant there.


It's call the T-bowl Restaurant (Toilet Bowl Restaurant) No, I am not joking. The 'T" really stands for Toilet Bowl. The restaurant is located at the top floor of Queensbay Mall beside the cinema. If you watch TV8, you would have seen this restaurant in one of the TV programmes a few months back.
I heard of this place long time ago and pass this restaurant twice already but my family won't want to go in there they said it was so disgusting but to me it was a new concept and very creative too. I just love to dine in funny and unique type of restaurant. Like a few years back, I wen to A Ghost Restaurant in Sungai Wang but the food there is not really that fantastic plus you need to pay more (it's in a package) in order for you to be served by the fake ghosts, so no thank you.

But this restaurant is totally different. You do not need to pay extra to sit and eat on the toilet bowl.

See what I mean? there are no CHAIRS there only toilet bowls for you to sit and enjoy doing your big business..... Hehehe! Of cos not, it is meant for you to sit and enjoy your food la.

Me sitting comfortably on a toilet bowl.... ok wrong direction I know

Hah! The lid can open one... Errrrrrrr..... what do you think is inside there?
After or before having your meal, you are allowed to take your shower there.... Hehehehe! No way... that is only decoration la to make it more real, like in a bathroom la.

Anyway this toilet is very clean so we actually don't mind dining there.


Chrispy and me again... looking hungrily happy!!!!




This is their menu, looks like the toilet cover. there are many dishes for you to choose. You can order western food, Japanese food or local food. The price here are quite reasonable. There is a dish that sounds cute it's call ' A pile of shitty sausages!' (a direct translation from Chinese), we did not ordered it though although it looks kind of yummy cause we are not big eaters ma....
(they twirl the sausages round and round till it looks like a pile of s***)
I ordered Japanese fried ramen and mango juice. See the food is served on a toilet cover shape plate. so cute. The taste? Well better than the Ghost Restaurant though.

Our noodles served on a toilet cover.... anyone dare to try?
This is our dessert (We share this out) not bad la the taste. See, the bowl is shaped just like a bathtub. This is the first time I eat my dessert from the bathtub....

Hehehehe! Look I am sitting on a toilet bowl and eating from the bathtub. Please don't tell my mom about this ok.....


Wah!!!!!!!!! Cheese Baked Rice served in the toilet bowl!!!! That is an order from the next table. The bowl is so cute huh? Hahahaha! Eating from the toilet bowl..... must be yummy!!!



Some unique toilet bowls display from the counter


Cute leh, where got disgusting oh?



Wah! Got toilet bowl clock some more.

Over all, I don't mind going there for meals again (I got RM 5 discount coupon) as the food there are not bad and the place there are unique and clean. There are even a pair of old couple dining there as well... so why so disgusting leh? It's all in the mind la... stop thinking about the 'real purpose of toilet' and just enjoy your meal la.
I shall try to bring my mom there next time... hehehe!

No comments: