Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Remebering Our Departed Love Ones

Last Sunday, my mom and I went to visit my beloved dad in his so call condo... nola I went to do some prayers (it is sort of transferring of merit to the departed ones according to the Mahayana Buddhist tradition) It was quite amazing and I found it quite interesting (I mean the set up of the offering items to the departed ones is quite stylish and nice eh)



The Bodhisatva Manjusri, Bodhisatva Kuan Yin (Alovakitesvara) and Amitabha Buddha from Pure Land


Hmm... very creative



Offering of food to the departed ones (Very neat and tidy leh)

Wah! Got Potato chips, mango pudding and peanuts too eh!!! Like a huge buffet party but no ice cream.....

First of all when we reached the temple (Than Siang Temple) My mom and me went to the main shrine hall to pay our respect to the Triple Gem, then we proceed to pay our respect to the Bodhisatva Kuan Yin and later we went to pay respect to my dad.

It is a crematorium but the place is very peaceful and serene it is not scary nor eerie at all. The place was well kept and maintained till you won't even notice that you were in a crematorium at the first glance.




The three Holy Sages (Bodhisatva Manjusri represent Wisdom, The Buddha Gotama represent Enlightenment and Bodhisatva Kuan Yin represent Compassion) at the main crematorium Hall.

At first glanced it looks a bit like a library but it is actually a crematorium.

A special room.... where my beloved dad ashes is kept. A nice place to meditate and think of your love ones (Got air corn one oh)




Lord Buddha Gotama in deep meditation



That is where my beloved ashes lay... neat and tidy huh?

Life is Uncertain but Death is Certain therefore we should cherished every moment we have with our love ones

No comments: