Friday, July 25, 2008

Me and My Mangoestine


Big Purple Mangoestine... My love!!!!!


When I was around 3 -4 years old, I will always sit beside my grand ma, mom or my dad when ever they were eating mangoestine. I will just patiently sit there and watch them open the fruit and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. The next thing I do is just to open my mouth big and wide and wait for the big spoon full of yummy juicy mangoestine enter my watery mouth.


Sometimes I was so greedy that i quickly eat up the magoestine and open my mouth again before they even open the second fruit. My grandma will sometimes scolds me and say " Wa pek be hu lu chiak!!!" (I open not fast enough for you to eat!!!!) But most of the time she will just laughed at me and said to my mom or aunt "Lu kwa, e qui chui siang ka chiau kia di tan chaik aneh khuan!" (You look, she opens her mouth just like a baby bird waiting for food!" Okay, that was how my grandma spoiled me!!!


Yummy! Yummy! It's so delicious until I cannot open my eyes while eating it.

As for my dad, he opens mangoestine for me even during my University years. He taught me how to open them before but I am too stupid to get the skill, I am just clever in eating the flesh. He got impatient with me and he rather opens it for me than watching and laughing at my fail attempts in opening the fruit. It's my mom that successfully trained me in the skill of opening the fruit (Thanks Mom!!! Maybe she garang.Hehehe! Now I can open my own fruit!!!)


Closer view of my favorite fruit since I was a little girl.


Many years had passed since my grandma passed away and this is the first time in my whole life, that I managed to buy some mangoestine with my own hard earn money and this makes the mangoestine taste even more delicious than ever. (I had it all to myself as well)


See? I had one big plastics bag of mangoestine all to myself.

It was last Thursday and it rained heavily in the afternoon. Orange fetch me home and I suddenly told Orange that I want to eat mangostien since I don't have enough of it in the staffroom earlier on. It was very kind of her to accompany me all the way in the heavy rain, to buy the mangoestine from the auntie opposite the BSN. I brought 3kg of magoestine that cost me around RM10.

Wah see? nice juicy mangoestine!!! Make my mouth watery only.


Papa manggis, Mama manggis and Baby manggis.. the whole Manggis family is in my tummy now Hahahaha!!!!


White fat juicy flesh

Look at me... I know I am not pretty la... but I look happy with my mangoestine.

I managed to finished the whole 3 kg of mangoestine within 3 days on my own!!!!! So clever...

Later in the evening, I had this....

Maggie mee as my main course and this
manggis as my dessert.... Looks like smooth baby's buttock only it is white...
After three days, this is what is left of my manggis.... skin and seed only lo Hehehehe!
Anyone wants to join me for a mangoestine party?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!