Tuesday, July 14, 2009

NCBM Sports Carnival (Part 1)

Last Friday was a hectic but exciting day for me. This year is the first time that NCBM is organising a Sports Carnival together with SBM at Bukit Kiara Sports Complex. initially I was not involved but I told "Director" Miss Chok that I would like to just be a 'kaypo' (Busybody) around so she generously arranged for me to be one of the volunteer to help in the bowling section, my job was just to assist a blind participant from Penang during the game. (like telling which pin that he manage to knock down or which direction, the ball went to)



I arrived at Brickfield at around 4 something and I tried to call my so call 'director' Miss Chok to see where is she but unfortunately she was too busy to pick up my call, so as I was REALLY in need to visit the ladies (And I don't like public toilets!!!) so I had no other choise but to visit Water Lily in NCBM and at the same time use the toilet la.



Around 5.30 p.m. our bus moves from MAB and we arrived at Bukit Kiara Sports Complex at around 6.40 p.m. All of us stayed at Kompleks Rakan Muda and here are some pictures that I took upon checking in the place.







The whole block were dominated by us but some of the apartments were still occupy by the BAM players. For those people that are familiar being around with blind people, you can surely imagine the level of noise make by us (around 200 blind people). Many people thought that blind people are deaf because they tend to be noisy when but in actual fact, that is not true at all, blind people are quite sensitive to sounds.



Furthermore, the place is quite echoey because it is a tall building and we are sitting at the ground floor most of the time. On the second night, as most of the people went out to other places, the whole place was quite empty, only around 8 of us were at the dining room chatting after our dinner. As we were engrossed in our conversation, suddenly we heard a familiar voice from upstairs, "Oooo.... I am on the 5 floor! I can hear all of you talking!" we all laughed. 5 minutes later, BK came down and join us at the table " I can hear all of you talking just now, I hear Anna, Sherene, Jasmine talking." She said. We laughed again and continue our conversation.



10 minutes later, Inung and Jamilah wants to go back to their room so they excuse themselves. 5 minutes later we heard "Hello! We are on the 7th floor!!!"



Oh well, that is how we entertain ourselves. Luckily we did not received any complaints from the other residents that night.

No comments: