Monday, November 1, 2010

The 'Seen' In My Home

Last Chinese New Year, (ok this post is ancient but I am gonna to post it up anyway) something unbelievable and unpredictable happened in my house. And the wonderful thing was that I managed to capture it with my digital camera. Believe it or not, I managed to capture a 'Seen' (a kind of supernatural being in hokkian) on my digital camera!

As you can see, this is the one and only altar in my house. This altar is specially fixed for the Jade Emperor. During every first day of CNY, my mom will religiously put up some oranges, some tiny cups of chinese tea and a piece of sticky 'lucky' cake or 'Huat Kuey" as an offering to the Jade Emperor or (Ti Kong) in exchange for good luck and a prosperous year.

We usually put the offering until the third day of CNY. On the third day of CNY, we went out to visit some relatives and have dinner with my uncle and aunt, so by the time we came home, it was around 7 p.m. in the evening. My mom was the first one to enter the house and she straight away went to open the balcony sliding door. She looked at the altar and.....

Mom: Wah!!! Come and have a look!

Me: What? (went to the balcony to have a look)

Mom: Do you see what I see?

Me: Wow!!!!! Amazing!!!! A 'Seen'..... (Went to take my camera and take this pictures)

Do you see it? The "Seen Thang" (Lizard in hokkian) is clinging tightly on the 'Huat Kuey' and enjoying it.


Here is a closer look..... The "Seen Thang" still didn't want to let go of the cake even though I use my flash to capture its photo. Wah!!!! "Banyak cantik muka" can pose some more..... really celaka. Hahaha! (Wah! The "Seen Thang chincia pui") The lizard was very fat!

What? Did I say that I captured a "Seen" (supernatural being) on my camera? Oh! Thousand apologies I forgot to type the "thang' at the back...........

3 comments:

Serene Ong said...

hahaha ~~~ suspend only lar sis u...I thot what "seen" was tht, rupa-rupanya a very pui see thang... haha...

reddaisie said...

hahahaha i tot u saw ghost or something

Doralin Lee said...

Hahaha! Sorry cuz.... no ghost la....